Monday, October 15, 2007

TORRES wants to be ready in time


TORRES (right): will be a problem for Blue's diffence if fit.

Fernando Torres is determined to be fit for Liverpool's trip to Everton in the Merseyside derby at the weekend.

The Spanish striker has returned to Melwood for intensive treatment after tearing a muscle in his right leg while on international duty.

The injury was initially expected to keep him out of action for 10 days but Torres says he fully intends to be fit for Saturday's game.


'I intend to be fit for Saturday,' Torres told Spanish radio.
'I don't want to miss out on the derby against Everton. I've been told how special the game is and I need to be ready in time.
'I'm very happy at Liverpool and I've learnt a lot - I love being at a big club like this.
'I have played in big derby matches before. I played for Atletico against Real Madrid and I'm looking forward to enjoying something similar in the Premier League.'


No comments: