Monday, October 15, 2007

Redknapp targets top-ten for Pompey.


Redknapp: 

Pompey have enjoyed a fine start to the season and currently occupy fifth place in the table, having already played Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. However, Redknapp, who left the club for Southampton in 2004 before returning in 2005, is not setting his sights on a European place just yet despite increasing expectations.

"A top-half finish would be a brilliant season for us this year," he said. "I know where we were before I joined the club, I know where we were when I left, and I know where we were when I came back.
"A lot of teams have spent money and there's nothing in this league. But you don't get time in this game, you're either winning or losing.
"I don't know any chairmen that have five-year projects. I think chairmen have five-game projects not five-year ones."
Portsmouth comfortably beat Fulham 2-0 last time out, and he added: "It's been a good month and we need to keep it going now but it's not easy.
"Teams like Fulham are the same as us. They've spent over the summer and bought in a lot of new players. So far all the top teams have been defeated at certain times."

No comments: